Friday, April 17, 2009

It's a girl!

Nothing makes you feel more like a hunter than getting a new pet... and with Seismic the gorilla able to be retired due to the Thunderstomp change in patch 3.1, the free stable slot had me more excited than I'd expected.

Even finally being able to be the Survivalist as well as the Beast Master I've always wanted to be somehow took a back seat in my mind!




Meet Fury, my newest raiding pet.

She's my first female companion (no, don't ask how I can tell if she's female. Irrelevant!), and very pretty - I couldn't possibly go past taming this "wolf" instead of the more popular (and theoretically, higher-DPS) devilsaur.

Shadow the cat will of course continue to be my battlegrounds partner - he and I have spent numerous hours stealthed at nodes together - and my backup pet for absolutely everything.

The only downside to getting the new pet is, naturally, the levelling - I have 5 levels to get over the weekend before Sunday night's raid, and I don't know if I'll make it. If all else fails, I'll have to get Shadow to stand in; I'd probably take Fury to Naxx as a sub-80, but not Ulduar!

1 comment:

Max S. said...

Congrats on the new pet!

The blighthounds are my favorite wolves, I hardly go anywhere without mine (only when it's time to bring out the hydra) and I always get a stupid grin on my face whenever I see another hunter with one. :)