Last night, my guild killed the Flame Leviathan in Ulduar 25, with one tower up.
Being my first time as a Demolisher passenger being flung up top to destroy turrets, I tried a few things out and thought I'd share my findings here for any interested parties:
Assuming your Demolisher driver can aim, you should land on top of the boss, right next to one of the 4 turrets you need to DPS.
- On the other 3 turrets, a hunter is fine - DPS as normal. However, the one next to you is in melee range, so you won't be able to shoot.
- Pets die quickly, and aren't really worth summoning (unless perhaps you're BM and can somehow manage to get a Bestial Wrath off before they die).
- Traps (such as Immolation) don't work.
- Swap turrets with someone (another ranged DPS), so they DPS the turret you're standing on and you DPS theirs.
- If the last turret up is the one in your melee range, switch to Aspect of the Beast for extra Raptor Strike damage.
- When the turrets are down and before you get punted off, switch to Viper so you have a full mana bar for the next round (don't forget to switch back to Hawk once you're up top again).
Definitely a fun fight, even if my poor pet had to take a death in the name of science!