Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Talents that change your world

Twice now, I've scared my guildies into thinking I'd lost the plot and respecced Survival in guild chat, when it was actually the middle of a Patch 3.1 conversation and a referral to my intended second spec:


Although my "BM spec since beta" mantra will definitely stay for Patch 3.1, I'm glad dual specs are in.... because if anything would make me respec to Survival (which has always been my second favourite talent tree due to the CC/escape options and my innate tendency to spec as if I'm going to need anti-ganking abilities), this would be it:


New Talent: Trap Launcher: When activated, your next Trap will be launched instantly at the enemy target. 1 minute cooldown.

I know, it's still just the PTR and subject to change. But seriously.... How cool is that?

If I picked up WoW today as a brand new player (and therefore hadn't formed an attachment to my pets), I'd probably have found Survival more appealing - Scatter + Wyvern + Trap Launcher sound more fun than Beast Within + Intimidation... and I'd be considering a 21/50 MM/Surv build because double Trap Launcher/Wyvern with Readiness sounds positively EPIC.


Happily, with dual specs I can both have my cake and eat it too, as they say... and my guildies won't panic about me being hacked!

No comments: