Thursday, January 22, 2009

Patch 3.0.8 summation?

Harsh.


I'd predicted at least a 500dps drop for my personal DPS when fully raid buffed. Last night's WWS logs showed ~700DPS less than Monday, so even if you take a couple of hundred DPS for a different raid makeup and getting used to using Arcane Shot again, I can still consider my predictions correct.

Oh well - if my guild can still down Patchwerk, I'll be fine. If not.... it'll depend whether I feel guilty enough to change my glyphs and/or spec (/gasp!) to compete with our top DPSers again (damn you, DKs.... soloing 60 raids and pwning people in Arena isn't enough for you that you have to be top raid PvE DPS too?!).

Meanwhile, I'm still undecided on my new spec:




50/16/5 is what I have now, but really the 2 points in Improved Tracking (and possibly the 1 point in Frenzy) are floaters - I could maybe move them to Improved Arcane Shot (which BRK professes to be the new "must have" talent), or I could pick up Rapid Killing again, or I could pick up Improved Stings, or I could even try Exotic. The jury is still out at this point.... I'll wait until more BM hunters (if there are any left that aren't going MM or Surv!) start discussing talents, and maybe I'll respec again.

As for other random observations of Patch 3.0.8:

  • Level 60 raids (Onyxia, ZG, AQ20 etc) drop less gold. Boo.
  • Wintergrasp has been stuffed (boo), although it may be fixed now (hooray).
  • Arenas are stuffed (boo).
  • Deterrence is amusing, but still pretty useless in PvP - I did a couple of Arena games before they got shut down, and I spent the entire duration of Deterrence turning in circles to avoid incoming damage - basically like an Ice Block that you have to work at to keep up. In one 2v2 match, the rogue/mage team just had 1 stand in front and 1 behind - I still died.

All in all, Patch 3.0.8 was pretty average for me... I could have done without it, even if hunters *hadn't* had the epic nerf. I guess one good thing is that I can now work on my old-world reputations (Timbermaw, Hydraxian Waterlords, Cenarion Circle, Brood of Nozdormu) and get the full benefit of killing grey mobs.

No comments: