Saturday, January 3, 2009

I couldn't do it...

...I couldn't give up Glyph of Aspect of the Monkey.

It's just way, way too much fun having a speed buff when I dodge.

What I gave up instead (and here's where all the raiding hunters will pull their hair out in horror): Glyph of Steady Shot, one of the main "mandatory" glyphs for maximising DPS.

(In fact, the first comment on WoWHead for this glyph begins, "Needless to say, this Glyph will be on pretty much every Hunter's Glyph page.")

All three of my major Glyphs are, in fact, pretty selfish - I have:

  • Glyph of Freezing Trap - useful if the trap breaks because I have an extra few seconds time to kite the mob/enemy player

  • Glyph of Aspect of the Monkey - as mentioned above

  • Glyph of Bestial Wrath - although this provides a significant DPS boost and would be on every raiding BM hunter's glyph page... I'm sorry to say I would have considered taking it purely for the immunity to CC Beast Within provides.

So.... if my guild ever wipes on a boss at 1%, it's probably my fault (although they should be used to it by now; I don't think I've ever specced for full DPS...). Sorry!

No comments: