Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Pros/Cons of sticking to one class

Although I do have another 70 alt, I rarely spend time on her. Ditto my other alts, probably because most are on different servers to each other *and* my main (most are rerolls with RL friends). I have also never switched professions, or even my main talent tree.

Because of this, I tend to be a little... one-sided.

In my guild, I'm often the first to post on my guild forum with alternative kiting pathways for mobs, changes to hunter spells, tricks with traps or new ways to use Misdirect. I know not to blow mana trying to burst a mage down if they haven't used Ice Block yet, or to keep a Flare up when a rogue is around.

On the other hand... I rarely remember that mages can use Slow Fall and rogues Cloak of Shadows against raid bosses to prevent incoming damage.

The other day, I was in a ZA PuG. One of the other raid members, a tailor, used a Netherweave Net to snag the Dragonhawk trash scouts and prevent them from running away.

Now, although my warlock is a tailor and has this pattern, I'd never thought about the fact that they could be used on the scouts - a tip that could have helped my guild when we were wiping on that content.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that has this problem, but I always have a /facepalm moment when I come across something that suddenly makes me realize that even though I'm an OK teacher in the Hunter subject, I'm still a student in everything else!

2 comments:

thorfinn@gmail.com said...

Heh, yeah. I'm the same with my priest, except I don't even have a single other toon above L15.

And I really don't know that much about shadowpriesting either... Holy/Disc or Disc/Holy, yeah, Shadow, NFI. :-)

Part of why I'm looking forward to WotLK - I've always not really had the time to level another toon all the way from L1, even with all the massive buffs to levelling they've done. Starting a melee toon at L55 has real appeal.

Pike said...

You are not alone-- there is a reason why my two 70s are both hunters. =P