Friday, October 26, 2012

Heroics Hard? More like Hardly Heroic!

After a couple of weeks of not much more than making friends with the local farmers, I finally ventured into heroics this week.

I'd been holding off because I wasn't about to enchant quest gear or even bother reforging it, so I figured I'd do some Scenarios first to get into the swing of things and re-learn how not to be a hindrance in groups.

As it turned out, I needn't have worried - heroics are the easiest they've ever been.

If this is what they're like now, I can't imagine anyone would want to do them on their main after this tier of raiding. I suppose that's what Challenge modes are for, but still... doesn't really bode well for later on in the expansion when there aren't so many tanks wanting to gear up!

3 comments:

Omogon said...

Agreed ..most heroics are dead easy. Even with a very poor PUG they can be completed. I have turtle tanked bosses from about 50% health after hopeless tanks have died on Stormstout Brewery and Shado Pan Monastery....and my gear level is only 464. I expect that as soon as some hunters start getting dcenet raid gear you will begin to see solos.

Anonymous said...

Blizzard stated that they intended for Heroic dungeons to be relatively easy compared to how they have been. Blizzard does not want Heroic dungeons to be the challenging content, that's belongs to Heroic raiding and PvP; dungeons are just a mean to get to the content that is designed to challenge you. Though I did enjoy the extremely difficult nature of Cataclysm Heroic dungeons, they were impossibly had for pug's, some of which I had last up to five hours before finally completing, and it was in the best interest of Blizzard to make them non-challenging.

Anonymous said...

^
"Heroic dungeons, they were impossibly HARD for pug's"

Small error on my part. Darn computers sticky keys.