Tuesday, August 7, 2012

No glory for silver

This week, the STV fishing comp started just after Bolt's lightning Olympic run, so I figured I had a great chance of winning for once.

Indeed, I started off fantastically, getting quick bites of mostly tastyfish and not too much competition for pools.

I'd just picked up my second last fish - and getting tentatively excited - when a tauren made a neat landing next to the pool I was fishing from and promptly fished it out.

"OK, it's fine. I just need one more," I thought.

Of course, it wasn't to be; every pool from that area had vanished and by the time I *did* find a pool (close to half the map away) and cast the line out for my last fish, someone had handed theirs in.


I guess this week just reflected what the Aussie swim team must be feeling: close, but no cigar! :P

No comments: