I finally got motivated enough to completely solo clear ZG the other day, and I can tell you now - Jin'do is definitely the most difficult boss in there.
He drops more than a few Mind Control totems (as seen in the above pic!), which tends to make you kill your own personal tank, so here's the method that worked for me:
- Use a mix of PvP/raiding gear and BM spec (for better pet survivability).
- Use a Ferocity pet (I used my wolf, Fury).
- Blow all cooldowns as soon as you start.
- As soon as a shade spawns and reaches you, Mend Pet and Feign Death.
- Stay Feigned while your pet solos Jin'do, using pet abilities (eg. Cower) on cooldown.
- While Feigned, unequip your weapons.
- When your pet gets low on health, blow Beastial Wrath and Mend Pet in quick succession - these spells will be all you get off before being Mind Controlled.
- Since you unequipped your weapons, you will run around trying to punch your pet to death.
- If your pet dies before Mind Control wears off, rez using Heart of the Phoenix and repeat from the beginning.
- If you don't have Heart of the Phoenix, you can either try and kite/melee Jin'do for the last bit of health, or use Deterrence and try and rez your pet manually.
Definitely a lot more fun trying to kill this guy than your average tank n' spank fight, so I'm glad I did it before ZG disappears in Cataclysm!