Saturday, December 22, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like

...that time of year when I don't have time to make a proper blog post. Oops!

It's been an interesting year in terms of WoW. My playstyle has changed somewhat; generally I try to race to level cap, race to get exalted with all the new factions, race to get all the new mounts and pets, race to try and solo achievements I missed in previous expansions... but since WoW is now extremely casual-friendly, I feel as if I'm playing more "casually" as well.

I still do make sure I do my LFRs every week as soon as possible, but apart from that, I haven't done many dailies, I haven't seriously gone after Scenario or Heroic achievements, I haven't finished all the quest/exploration achievements... and I'm actually playing my druid, which generally doesn't happen until I'm well into an expansion when I've completed all of the above.

(Of course, things like Double Agent and Jack of All Trades probably have something to do with that too, but still... there are easier achievements to get)

I haven't even actively tried to join raiding PuGs when I see them (which admittedly for a hunter isn't often). In fact, I actually feel as if I'm playing the way I used to play WoW when I first started, before I started raiding - like a single-player game.

I'm pretty sure that when my guild does manage to pull together a 10man team (hopefully early next year), I'll be keen and ready to raid, but at the moment I'm quite comfortable with the dabbling. :)

1 comment:

Laeleiweyn said...

I'm feeling more casual too, and I think my raid team does as well. But I'm playing a lot, so it's not the time spent that is casual. Pet battles are certainly eating a lot of time... I'm happy I still have untried things to try out when that interest fades; challenge modes, brawler's guild and all dungeon and scenario achievements. :-)