Sunday, December 20, 2009

What to do when benched for raids

Start soloing Molten Core, duh.

Lucifron was first, and easy:


Gehennas was third, and also easy:



Magmadar was second... and easy.... but damn, his trash is annoying:



I basically had to resort to using Vanilla WoW old school hunter tricks - Feign Death, Pet Passive and drink - because for some reason, the Core Hound trash packs just wouldn't die.

They wouldn't rez either, which is what they're supposed to do - they just stayed on the ground, getting hit by ticks of Volley but not actually despawning.

Not only that, but if I was too reckless (as I so often am!) and died, the Core Hounds actually *did* fully respawn and I'd have to start over.... so I had to do the entire room plus Maggy himself without dying.

Sadly, Garr was next and apparently my regular BM spec and raiding gear (but with T5 gloves and shoulders) didn't cut it - he does hit rather hard. I'll have to go back again later, perhaps after either tweaking my turtle's spec or changing my gear somehow (I'm too lazy/cheap to respec myself... and besides, where's the fun in that? Plenty of people have soloed MC in full "tank" spec, so I know it can be done already!).

I would have kept going at Garr awhile, but a level 79 guildie who I'd promised to help get a Core Hound pet logged on, so we spent some time figuring out how to do it.

(If you're wondering, I had my turtle tank the Core Hound a little and then set him to Passive/Stay while my friend beat on it. After pulling aggro, he chucked on a Draenei heal and started the tame from range. I'd been ready with a bandage in case he needed it, but he didn't)

Next time, Garr goes down... and I'll finally be exalted with Hydraxian Waterlords to boot!

2 comments:

Rilgon Arcsinh said...

Pfft, keep going and do the whole thing! :P

Runescrolls of Fortitude, Drums of Kings, and Drums of the Wild help a lot. :)

Phyllixia said...

Oh, I will eventually, it's just a matter of actually getting time to do it... I'm not benched for raids often but I was that day, so I had a good 3-4hr block of time free :)