Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Elitist Jerk?

I am happy to announce that Zero Yard Range has now officially merged with our new guild, Non Combat Pet; Raid Team Dropbears.

NCP is the type of guild I never imagined being in: -
  1. A competitive guild (realm first heroic Garrosh for their US raid team; realm first Oceanic kill for Dropbears)
  2. A large guild (3 raid teams over different time slots, plus associated family and friends)
  3. A progression-focussed guild (up to 4 raid nights a week with flexible finish times to down bosses)
  4. A guild with a skill cutoff (DPS too low? Sorry, you might have to sit this one...)
and

   5. A guild with potentially low tolerance for anything other than near-perfection

How the hell did I end up here? A year ago, fairly content with breezing through casual raids whilst doing two or three other things at the same time, I would have scoffed at anyone suggesting I join an "elitist" guild. Too lazy, too time-poor, not enough motivation to raid the hours or make the effort to research and min/max my class. Oh yes, of course - and nowhere near skilled enough.

And yet, here I am. Here I stay may be another story - I *am* more time-poor than ever and I'm not sure if I have enough of the "elitist" mindset it will take to continue raiding with this crew, but with options for Mythic raiding next to zero without this merge, the choice between the extremes of elite NCP raiding or dropping back to casual/PuG raiding is going to be tough either way.

However, I'm happy to at least give it a shot... especially since they're giving me a shot (I apparently passed their skills test for hunters; namely heroic Blackfuse belt duty and decent DPS, although I wasn't perfect). Whether I stay or not might depend on the people as well - nothing worse than spending several hours a week with people you don't like!

3 comments:

Jaeger said...

Gratz! I've heard of NCP since that's Ricket's old guild (Twitch streamer @NCPRicket). I hope you fit in well there and have a good time.

Ursuron said...

Good luck! I hope it works out well.

Anonymous said...

go phyll! :-)
i think sharp end heroic raiding is a part of the game that all should experience if they have the ability - and you have the ability. hope it all works out :-)
cheers
stuba