I've also scanned the planned hunter changes for the new expansion, Warlords of Draenor, and have the following comments:
- Boo to 20man raids - I agree it's a good idea for the progression race for top guilds and for ease of balancing fights... but try and recruit (and keep) 20 people for an average guild with people who have the ability and will to do heroics but not enough people who want to leave their friends' guild for another, and there's a problem.
- Yay to the proposed With or Without You talent - the "BM since beta" in me is crying for all those unused pets, but the WC3 dark ranger wannabe is quietly cheering.
- Yay for BoA toys and heirlooms - my bank is going to be half emptied. More room for bows! :)
- Yay for a Level 90 boost - but I really don't know which class to pick! A healer on Proudmoore would make the most sense so that I can supplement my hunter with professions and also help guildies out with old content etc... but my druid is already 90 and Blackrock Horde. My disc priest is 85 and it seems a waste to use it on 5 levels. Do I want another druid? Another priest? Pick something different and try out a shaman? What if I don't end up liking shaman healing? Risk a monk even though they're melee, I've never tried them and I'll probably hate it?
- Wonder if people will still want hunters to kite Drakk in heroic UBRS? :P
As for the rest of it... I'm not particularly fussed either way. I've noticed a number of my old guildies coming back out of the woodworks, so perhaps it has renewed some interest... I wouldn't hold my breath for them to come back and raid though; in the past they haven't stuck around all that long!