Sunday, March 24, 2013

The Rookie

It's been rather a long time coming, but I've finally decided to try raiding again with a new guild; Infamy.

I have to say, I've never felt more like a total n00b as I have this week.

When I started with Southern Wardens, I was a newbie, so I didn't know any better. The Wardens are a friendly bunch and the hunters especially (there were about 7 or 8 of us rotating in the 40man raid at the time) helped to train me up from bottom DPS to top 5, even being BM spec (which, at the time, was a joke) and a full tier of gear behind the leading hunter.

This time around, I am yet again a full tier of gear behind everybody in the raid (well, LFR to heroic, anyway), I'm dying from standing in fire more often than everybody else... but unfortunately I don't have the excuse of being a newbie anymore and I know it.

Consequently, it's been rather embarrassing - after all, you want to make a good impression on people who have consented to trial you for hire, particularly if you're playing one of the most popular classes where there are any number of hunters who would probably be more experienced in MoP raids than I am.

I'm hoping that by next week I'll have brushed the cobwebs off my raiding skills and got into shape... I can live with being bottom DPS if my gear dictates that I am, but definitely not if I know I can do better!

1 comment:

Laeleiweyn said...

I'm sure you'll do perfectly fine when you get more used to the new people. Good luck!