Thursday, March 3, 2011

It's a Vicious Circle

...literally, because this season's Arena gear is called just that - "Vicious". :P

So does anyone remember Arena Season 4?

I was 2v2ing quite happily with a pally, Brutal gear was the latest fashion and everyone was wearing it because it was by far the easiest way to gear up.

Well, I'm finding myself in that place again: My paladin partner is back, I'm now wearing 8/16 pieces of PvP gear - exactly half - for my best PvE DPS set and it's by far the easiest way for me to gear up.

It's probably because my guild started raiding a little later than usual, meaning I haven't had much of an opportunity to gain much raiding gear, but still... it's a good thing I enjoy Arenas, or I'd probably still be stuck with blues; as it is, I'm well on my way to Cataclysmically Epic, with only 3 slots to go.

Plus, I guess the hunter PvP set does look way, way, waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the stupid murloc outfit!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome blog; please keep at it!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was using Vicious gear for PvE. I've shed some of it now, but I was wondering how you think it pairs up to standard iLevel 346 heroic gear?

For example, I think I'm performing better in Gloves of the Passing Night over Vicious Gladiator's Chain Gauntlets (w/ a +67 agility gem, reforged hit to crit). It seems like despite the 43 less agility on the heroic gloves, the greater quantity of crit and hit make the gloves the best choice.

I was just wondering if you're preferentially using Vicious Gladiator's gear over heroic gear?

Thanks!

Matt

Phyllixia said...

Yes, I'm using Vicious gear over heroic gear. Can't tell you exactly *how* much better the gear is, though - you'd have to turn to a hunter who actually does target dummy testing and theorycrafting for that :)