Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Legion of Hunter Fans

Today's Legion hunter class preview has a lot of hunters excited for the upcoming changes to the 3 specs in the next expansion.

As always, I've only skimmed the changes - I tend to like getting the feel for new spells and talents only when I'm on the PTR or live servers rather than reading previews - but one thing I'm happy about is the connection the specs have to lore.

Anybody who has been reading my blog for awhile would know my original connection to the old WC3 dark ranger, so Marksman is sounding better and better all the time. I'll definitely be happy to see the last of Sniper Training; being mobile is probably the main reason the classes I'm most comfortable playing are the hit-and-run hunter and resto druid.

Survival is sounding interesting as well, although it's not a spec I'd be playing much, being fully melee. Potentially something I'd pull out for world PvE and soloing ventures, particularly if Harpoon turns out to be as fun as it sounds. I'm anticipating a lot of "clever use of game mechanics" type shenanigans going on with that one!

I would have liked a bit more info on the pet-hunter interaction for Beast Mastery - the spells don't stand out to me right now (apart from the thought of having every pet in your stables coming out to help you, which would be frickin' awesome).

Also, whilst I agree that Survival having a monopoly on traps is mostly fine, I actually think it makes more sense for BM to get Snake Trap. I mean, really, if you're going to carry around and throw down a cage of snakes at someone and have them strike at your enemy with precision, surely you need to have some kind of bond with them?!

No comments: