Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I've Seen You Before...

I only need Dirkee and Terror Spinner for Frostbitten, so I've parked an alt at one and set my hearth to the other, and log out at a spawn point.

It is, however, rather disconcerting to see someone else parked close to you when you log out... and in the exact same position when you log back in the next day. Do these people not sleep or work?!

Anyway, I've been trying harder to get this Achievement done because I was reminded recently that come MoP, zones will be cross-realm... meaning more people in the zone and therefore less chance of you seeing rare mobs. Great for questers, not so great for Achievement hunters like me! :(

Here's hoping I manage to get the Time-Lost Proto-Drake and the Camel Hoarder as well... although if the dude I see when I log into Storm Peaks is still there for the rest of the week, I'm not holding my breath!

4 comments:

TheGrumpyElf said...

Good luck with it. Now is the time to get it done because that cross realm questing zone stuff will make it a million times harder.

I just finished frostbitten myself a couple of weeks ago.

Now to try and find loque again so i can tame it on one of my 6 85 hunters. Sad that I had never seen a spirit beast in my life and had to kill the first one I ever see for an achievement. :(

I am missing the TLPD and camel as well and looking for it. If I do not get it before mists I doubt I ever will. I do not look forward to this change as a hunter. It will just make catching rare pets harder than it is and it is nearly impossible on some servers as is.

Bristal said...

Ditto need Varygosa which is invariably killed by TLPD campers. When I come upon rares I already have, I leave them be, and give a shout out.

Thanks for the heads up about Mists. Might they improve spawn times?

Anonymous said...

Thought cross realm zones are only the starter zones.

Phyllixia said...

@Anonymous - according to this: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/5393667/Cross-Realm_Zones_Coming_to_Beta-5_10_2012

...it's low populated zones, not just the starter zones.